Wednesday, December 16, 2015

artist statement

     Art to me is like my alter ego or something. I wouldn't think of myself as super special or good at anything other than making the kind of art I do. I draw a lot because it helps my anxiety and makes me feel less awkward/useless, so I usually use up almost a whole notebook pretty quick. I started getting really into webcomics around the 7th grade, and wanted to do something like that myself, so i made this little comic called "Box Man" which was about this rectangle guy with, like, toothpaste hair and an assistant named Bob who was just a moody triangle and the inconveniences that the antagonist, Dr. Skittlez and his more competent henchmen Proff. Eminemesis. It was the best thing ever and I wish I hadn't lost them all. I also started this more serious comic that lasted about 20 pages that I still have and totally want to continue/remake. I also really like cartoons like We Bare Bears and The Amazing  World of Gumball, which made me want to become an animator so I could make something like that that people will enjoy. I think the best experience I could have is having a fan, liked when someone I don't know very well likes my art a lot and wants to do fanart of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment